Tuesday 24 March 2015

Rotoscoping Scissor Practice

This is the finished animation that I made using a Wacom Intous Graphics Tablet in Photoshop Elements 7. This animation is set at 0.20 frames per second.

This is a screenshot of my process for making this small animation. On the right hand side you can see all of the layers that I have made/have open. For each of the frames that I have to rotoscope I made two more frames after it, then made the first frame a white solid background and the second a transparent layer for the drawing.

This is a screenshot of the next step - preparing to begin to draw. I zoom in so that I can see it better.

This is a screenshot of me having started the drawing. You can see that it is on the transparent layer after the image and white solid layers. I used a 3 pt soft round brush to do all of the lines for this animation.

This is a screenshot of the outcome of one of the frames. I have both the solid white layer and the transparent layer with the drawing lines so visible, so that it makes the image. I then save this as a JPEG to make into a video format, or I press Save as Web from the file drop down menu which instantly makes the files into a GIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment